Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Shark's Cove

Shark's Cove is my favorite snorkeling spot we've come across so far. It has shallow tide pools with lots of little critters to explore along the beach and gets deep with huge, amazing, colorful fish out towards the rocky wall! It is awesome!!

We took turns, one parent played and explored in the tide pools with the kids while the other went out and snorkeled in the deep water. We even took the kids out a little ways and let them snorkel!

Getting Set Up. Gotta love the squinty eyes from the sun!

My Snorkelers <3

So pretty!! The waves come crashing over the wall making this pretty waterfall!

This fish was HUGE!!



Tips:
Shark's Cove is only safe in the summer months. The surf is too high in the winter months. Even if it looks safe, waves come in sets and can come at any time! Don't risk it.
Pack sunscreen and water.
There are sea urchins, careful where you step!

Directions:
Shark's Cove is on North Shore along the Kamehameha, between Waimea Bay and Pupukea Beach Park.


The Blue arrow is where we descended down to the beach just behind the restrooms.






1 comment:

  1. I have always wanted to take my kids there! I hear so many great things about that beach. I think we'll have to do that sometime this week. Looks like you guys had a blast. Thank you for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete